Utah Senior Living Communities Guide | SeniorLiving.Org
Senior Living
Enter an address to see local care options or call.
(Open: 5:00 AM - 8:00 AM PT)
(866) 859-7420

Speak with a Senior Housing Specialist Fast & Free!

For those who need it, Complete the form below to get started!

Find Assisted Living in Utah:


Why use

  • Largest directory of Assisted Living options online.
  • Over 100,000 consumer reviews.
  • Get info on amenities, photos and pricing.

Utah Senior Living Communities

Select a city or enter your desired location into the search bar for help.

If you love spending time outdoors Utah is an ideal state for retirement. From Canyonlands National Park to the ski resorts in Park City, Deer Valley, and Ogden, Utah is a wonderland for active seniors or for those seniors who simply appreciate nature.

At Senior Living we’ve created an unbiased database of the 450 plus senior living options in the state. We are not directly affiliated with any of the service providers. But we will provide you with unvarnished reviews from other seniors about their stays in these communities.

The Cost Of Senior Living In Utah

Utah residents pay 9.6% for their state and local taxes. The median household income is $55,117 or 14th highest in the country. And their overall cost of living is 22nd lowest in the country. Retired military 65 and over can deduct $7500 from their taxes. VA benefits are not taxed. Property taxes are assessed at 100% of the home’s market value. There is no inheritance tax but there is a limited (by federal amounts) estate tax. The median house value in Utah, according to, is $236,000. Let’s look at median values from some of the state’s largest cities. Provo: $227,600; Salt Lake City: $257,600. West Valley City: $192,300. In mountain resort towns you’ll find the values much higher. Park City’s median value is $736,000. Economically, Utah is shining. In their October 2010 issue, Forbes listed Utah as the “Best State For Business.” A recent Newsweek article called Utah an “Economic Zion.”

Utah Senior LivingThe Beehive State’s crime rate is 2% lower than the national average with 94% accounting for property crimes and the remaining 6% violent crimes. Salt Lake City’s overall rate is almost double the national average while Provo’s rate is nearly half.

Utah’s weather is dry and cold in the winter and hot in the summer. Much of the severity of these two extremes is dependent on the elevation. Towns and cities in higher elevations are considerably colder in the winter with snowfall exceeding 400 inches per year. Areas in southern Utah like Moab receive much less snow and are much hotter in the summer.

If you’re physically active chances are you’ll like Utah whether you like to alpine ski, cross country ski, mountain bike, hike, bird watch, or camp. There are five national parks, seven national monuments, six national forests and plenty of state parks. Plus, Utah has some of the best snow in the country for skiing.

Click on one the cities to start your search or type in a city in the box above to find all the surrounding assisted living facilities available. You can also fill out one of our information forms and someone from Senior Living will get back to you. Finding senior living communities in Utah is easy with our comprehensive database.

Need Help? Call (866) 859-7420